To conduct a, “check up from the neck up” and question the information you are receiving into your mind becomes mandatory if you want to move from a life of mere survival to become significantly successful. In the pursuit of an excellent life there’s no room for small thinking. There’s no space for those that live out of their memory as opposed to using their imagination to create the future that they envisage. Small thinking forces you to live in fear, beneath your privileges and behind on your goals and dreams. Negative thoughts afflict everyone on a daily basis. That is why there is a need to re – calibrate your way of thinking. I reveal ten things that can help you develop a better thought life.
- You cannot move upward and onward when you are thinking thoughts that are downward and backward.
- Thoughts are things and they need to be tamed before they manifest in unwanted actions and results.
- I clearly understand that as a man thinks so is he and as he continues to think, so he becomes.
- Thoughts upon which the pillars of righteousness, character and integrity and an exceptional future are built on, take time to nurture and in calculate. Yes, it can be done, one day at a time, capturing every thought and subjecting it to scrutiny before it enters and contaminates the rest of your mind.
- You cannot use what you do not have. Each time you read the Bible, read a good “how to” book, listen to a tape that teaches you principles and gives you a higher standard of values you are adding to the inventory of the toolbox that is called your mind.
- Ideas change all the time but principles are enduring and timeless.
- They cannot be violated by or exchanged with an idea. Learn some principles that will help you run your brain better and more effectively.
- Remember people who go to the top think differently from those miserable souls that live colourless lives which know neither victory nor defeats, who have ventured nothing, lost nothing but gained nothing.
- A renewed mind is a good breeding ground for positive thoughts.
- Feed your faith with positive thoughts. Starve your doubts of the negative input they get from negative people.
You need to mind the thoughts, values and ideas you expose yourself to because they are forming your mindset and will soon become a part of you. Let me re – iterate that a renewed mind will help you to live a more contented life.
Fitzgerald Mujuru is an author motivational speaker, marketing consultant and musician. He is the author of soon to be published book, “Power Thought For Today” motivational series. He is the pioneer of Jeduthun Music which has been recording and doing live shows in the last ten years. You can visit him on