Life is a series of beginnings. When you are settling and getting used to being a child, you must grow into a teenager, from teenager to adolescent, to young adult and adult and so on and so on. You cannot get used to being at one level of growth that you decide to over stay. In terms of physical growth you do not have a choice, but in the world of business, and the pursuit of success, one must constantly review progress and embark on new beginnings. I share with you ten helpful principles that will surely help you.
- Most people who start small are tempted to think that their efforts are not making a dent in the universe yet they are making progress.
- Movement is not always progress, but nothing improves until you move in the direction you want to go.
- You will be better off in terms of your health, wealth and spiritual life if only you could get started.
- Overcoming the fear of the unknown is a necessary step in beginning a new thing.
- It always seems better to stay in your comfort zone and stick with “the devil that you know” than to venture, break out of the mould and find new, exciting challenges.
- It could be that the size of the venture may not be” big” enough. There is nothing wrong with a grand entrance or a big launch, but it is okay to start small
- You don’t have to be great to get started but by starting you can always grow. People that advance and make progress are those that are willing to begin whether it is in a small way or a big way.
- There are different types of beginnings. For example, it might be a totally new venture, or it may just need to step out of the familiar comfort zone into a new level.
- The fear of failure must never stand in the way of your new beginning.
- I don’t know how many beginnings you’ve had but begin today, to do that thing you’ve been postponing and you will be happier for it.
In conclusion, once you begin to “just do it”, your experience will come. You will discover new things about yourself. You do not reach the expert stage if you do not begin. It is never too late; you are not too old to begin new things. Have fun!
Fitzgerald Mujuru is an author motivational speaker, marketing consultant and musician. He is the author of soon to be published book, “Power Thought For Today” motivational series. He is the pioneer of Jeduthun Music which has been recording and doing live shows in the last ten years. You can visit him on