Do you believe that we all have a talent?
I’ve been thinking and whether or not you fully believe that statement, there’s got to be some truth in that we are all good at SOMETHING! Maybe we just need to find out what it is.
People seem to do jobs they hate all because that’s what the job market demands, it’s easier that way for financial reasons or they just don’t know what their ‘talent’ is and how to capitalise on it.
Successful people are exactly that because they do what they are passionate about, they love what they do and it gives them the drive to make it a success no matter what it takes.
If you want to live a more fulfilled life you must find something you are good at! It’s not that simple, you might say…but it is if you really want it to be. There are lots of different things you can do to find your talent.
1. Ask yourself a few questions:
* Have you ever had a vision or a dream of doing something in particular?
* What have you always wanted to achieve?
* What do you love to do?
* What are you most enthusiastic about?
* What do you seem to focus a lot of time on?
With the answers to those questions, create a picture of what you want and what you most enjoy doing. The answers don’t have to match, it is just about creating some ideas to start off with.
2. Experiment, explore and investigate your interests further. Be open and receptive to new ideas, you might just see new opportunities. Try everything and get out of your comfort zone. Everything worth doing is scary!
3. Take personality tests. It might not tell you what your talent is but it will give you an insight into the type of characteristics you have that you can build on. You may find out things you didn’t already know such as you are more assertive, a leader etc
4. Ask yourself what motivates you. Is wealth important to you? Would you sacrifice money for doing something you love?
5. Get advice from others…
What do people tell you about yourself?
What do people think you are mostly interested in?
Remember previous compliments, and write them down so that you can remind yourself of the good person you are and the strong characteristics you have.
6. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Review any weaknesses…not what you tell yourself you are bad at, the things you could improve on or what you are not as good at as other things.
As much as you love something, it might not be your forte. Do you struggle at anything in particular? Do you find yourself in awkward or difficult situations? This will not make you feel good, either you can work on improving this or stop doing it altogether and do something that works better for you.
7. Always follow your gut instinct. Nine times out of ten it is right!
8. Keep a journal, or write in a notebook regularly. It is so important to get an idea of what is on your mind and capture your thoughts. This will enable you to spot patterns or themes within your life to inspire you. Notice any negative thoughts you have and turn them into positives.
9. Share your talent with others and nurture it. Find a teacher or mentor who has experience and can give you advice and support. It is also good to show others your ideas to get positive feedback.
10. Use it! Once you have unearthed your talent, practice, practice, practice! If there is something you love to do, do more of it. You will improve your skills and refine your technique. You will discover the depth of your talent and be able to notice quickly if it is just a passing phase.
So…WHAT IS YOUR TALENT?
For more motivational tools and tips please visit me at [http://www.insp1re.com]