1. Positive Thinking- Stop telling yourself the job is hard or unpleasant. Tell yourself how good you are at it, or how quickly you can finish. Find something good about the job. Can you learn something? Will it earn you money? Look for the good and it won’t seem so hard.
2. Set a Goal-A goal gets you motivated because as you do each step you can see yourself making progress. Think about how you are going to get the job done. Work out a simple step-by-step plan and just follow the steps.
3. Get the Habit- It takes thirty repetitions before something becomes a habit but if you develop the habit of doing things in order, you will find they almost do themselves. You won’t even have to think that unpleasant job; you’ll be busy doing it.
4. Dress for Success- Instead of just throwing on the nearest thing in your wardrobe; think about what you intend to wear. If you dress well, you feel good. Dress as if you were successful, attractive and ready for a promotion. You will be surprised at how good it makes you feel and watch out for the change in the way others behave towards you.
5. See The End Result- Sometimes we find it hard to get started because all we can see is the hard work we will need to do. Instead, try picturing the end result. Take time to really feel the satisfaction of a job well done.
6. Limit Yourself- If you just can’t get started on one of those horrible jobs and you think you will never see the end, decide to just do a few minutes a day, or a week. Start with an easy 15 minutes and then see if you can manage another 15 minutes. If you just have to do 15 minutes work it will be easier to make a start. Once you’re motivated, you may find you can finish the job. If not, there’s always 15 minutes, tomorrow.
7. Tidy your Workspace- It’s impossible to get started on a new project if all the mess from the last few is still scattered over your workspace. Clear the clutter and start fresh. It will help clear the clutter in your head as well.
8. Get moving. Sometimes all we need is to get up and move. Try to go for a walk or get some other form of exercise. We all have those days where we just can’t seem to get started but a bit of fresh air changes our perspective and kick starts our brain. While you’re walking, you can plan your next move.
9. Eat a healthy breakfast- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if you don’t look after your body, it can’t look after you. If you feel sluggish and unmotivated, it could just be because your body needs good fuel.
10. Find a Friend- Sometimes we won’t do something for ourselves but will for a friend. Find a motivation partner who will give you a kick in the pants when you need it. You could be their motivation partner too.
Wendy Streater wants to inspire the world to live passionate, exciting lives full of love and laughter.
For inspiration, motivation, fun and more articles,
Be inspired at