Each day, we face challenges to overcome, dilemmas to resolve, and problems to fix. And, that’s on a good day. There are aspects to our day where we have no control and other areas where we have (or seem to have) total control. It doesn’t matter what happens. Life is too short to simply go through the motions of living. Someone once said, “Life is a journey.” It’s time to enjoy the journey!
Below are fifteen simple activities you can do to make your day wonderful!
1. Wake up with enthusiasm
2. Enjoy at least one hot meal
3. Include “Please” and “Thank you” in your conversations
4. Treat your family and friends as if you hadn’t seen them in a week
5. Make a daily ‘to do’ list – you’ll be amazed how much will get done and how proud you will feel crossing off completed tasks
6. Laugh, even if you are the cause of the laughter
7. Take 15 minutes to enhance your spirit. Whether that would be to give thanks to God or simply mediate
8. When no one is looking – dance!
9. If someone else is having a bad day, ask him/her to dance
10. Learn something new
11. Teach something new to another person
12. A 10-minute break in the morning and another in the afternoon will energize you
13. Listen to your favorite music
14. Give as much attention and effort at home with family as you do with people and tasks at work
15. Smile! It’s easy to do and will brighten everyone’s day…especially yours!
John Safin has written non-fiction, fiction, humor, and political ravings plus acted as ghost and speech writer for top business leaders. He has a background in business operations, marketing, event planning, and public relations. Originally from Upstate New York, John moved from Glendale, AZ to Carlsbad, NM, which he now calls “home.” Visit his website for more information: